Welcome to the Conference Daily Online
Coverage of Day 1: February 20, 2013
Top of the News
• Presidential Race Kicks Off Among Three AASA Members
• Governing Board Revises Stance on Gun Limits, Receives Look at New Logo
• AASA Unveils a Vision Statement for Public Education
• Federal Legislative Priorities Approved for 2013
Around the Conference
• Superintendent Job Fair Attracts Seven Firms With Multiple Vacancies
• Nearly 200 Booths Fill Conference’s Exhibit Hall
• AASA Bookstore Full of Appealing Titles and Book Signers
• AASA’s Century Club Aims to Hold States to the Fire
• Conferees to Punch Passports in Exhibit Hall Travels
• Horace Mann League Uses AASA to Install Its Officers
• New Partners Join Ranks of AASA Conference Sponsors
• School Solutions Center Members Set to See Attendees
• Cancelled: Round robin Table 3, “Disney’s Approach in Schools,” 2:30-3 p.m. and 3-3:30 p.m., Room 404B
• Cancelled: Leveraging Student Data to Drive Better PD: A Continuous Feedback Model,” 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Room 303A
Download Conference Presentations:
Access presenters’ powerpoint presentations provided to AASA in advance of the national conference.
President’s Welcome Letter
Welcome to Los Angeles and to AASA’s 145th National Conference on Education.
You are part of AASA’s first National Conference on Education in Los Angeles. As we experience a new conference venue, it is a great opportunity to be part of the Southern California experience. Expanding our contacts and knowledge base as school leaders could not occur in a better location. Read message here.
Executive Director’s Welcome Letter
Welcome to Los Angeles and the 2013 National Conference on Education — and a brand new look for AASA!
Our new logo is really only the symbol of what is taking shape inside AASA, as we seek to become a more vibrant and supportive organization. AASA is continually working to be relevant to you and all our members with new programs, new resources and new delivery systems. Read message here.